Re: RFS: vttest - test compatibility of terminals

Hi Wen,
* Wen-Yen Chuang <caleb@calno.com> [2008-01-03 20:31]:
> Nico Golde wrote:
> >>It builds a binary package:
> >>vttest     - a program to test the compatibility of terminals
> >Compatible with what? Please fix the description.
>
> =====================
> Its long description:
> This is a program to test the compatibility (or to demonstrate the
> non-compatibility) of so-called "VT100-compatible" terminals. In conformance of
> the good old hacker traditions, the only documentation of this program is the
> source code itself. To understand it, you also need a copy of the original
> VT100 manual from DEC.
> .
> Additional tests (past version 1.7) are provided for analysis of vt220, vt420
> terminals, as well as variants of xterm.
> =====================
>
> I have no idea how to write all this into a short description.

What about - tests VT100 compatibility of terminalsa?

> I think it is too long for "a program to test the compatibility of terminals
> for VT100, VT220, and VT420".

It also sucks because you just copied it from the Website ;)

> Any good ideas?

Please remove the part about the documentation from the
description and write some documentation.
Kind regards
Nico
--
Nico Golde - http://ngolde.de - nion@jabber.ccc.de - GPG: 0x73647CFF