Re: RFS: wicrawl

On Wed, 02 Jan 2008 12:46:11 +0000
David Newgas <david@newgas.net> wrote:

> Ok, how about this:

Umm, I meant programming language: C, C++, Python, Perl, etc.

>   Language        : English only
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> wicrawl    - A wireless access point auditor
>
> Wicrawl is a simple wi-fi (802.11x) Access Point auditor with a simple
> and flexible plugin architecture. The plugins allow us to find out
> useful information about an AP so we don’t have to manually check each
> access point.

OK, so what is the advantage over existing methods of doing this, like
wifi-radar and simple iwconfig commands?

> Plugins are implemented for existing common tools, and new
> plugins can be written in any language. Wicrawl is able to use multiple
> cards, and eventually will be able to use multiple computers.

Not sure how useful this would be for most users. I don't know how many
sysadmins care about multiple wireless connections to unknown AP's.

Thanks for the long description, it answers a lot of questions. If you
can answer the other questions above, I'd be willing to review it in
more detail (subject to the programming language not being python).

http://people.debian.org/~codehelp/#lang

--

Neil Williams