Re: RFS: libcares

On Nov 20, 2007 5:09 AM, Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:
> On Nov 19, 2007 6:53 PM, Robin Cornelius <robin.cornelius@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Which way do you suggest I should go with the naming? I can recreate a
> > c-ares package if required or stick with the libcares name.
>
> I suggest:
>
> source package: c-ares: because the upstream tarball is named this way
> lib binary package: libcares1: because the libpkg-guide says to use
> the soname in the library package name
> dev binary package: libcares-dev: because release managers don't like
> sonames in the dev package name

Done, I have rebuild the libcares source package as c-ares and this
now generates the packages libcares2 and libcares-dev (soname has gone
to 2 as its a new upstream version with API and ABI breakage).

I just managed to get the missing copyright headers included upstream
as well before the new release. So it think that is now all the issues
you raised with the package dealt with.

main contrib non-free
- dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/c/c-ares/c-ares_1.5.1-1.dsc

Many thanks