Re: RFS: gnomad2 (updated package)

On Nov 16, 2007 11:44 AM, Manuel García <mannyto@gmail.com> wrote:

> > might want to use the special syntax for sf.net in your watch file
> > (see uscan manual page)
>
> Where should i add this variables?

debian/watch is the watch file. If you read the uscan manual page,
you'll see this:

       # If your package is located on sourceforge, use one of the following
       # formats to automatically use the qa.debian.org redirector, avoiding
       # SF's difficult mirror system.
       http://sf.net/audacity/audacity-src-(.+)\.tar\.gz

       http://sf.net/audacity/ audacity-src-(.+)\.tar\.gz

> > much of the README file is irrelevant for users of the binary package,
> > you might want to use sed to grab the FAQ section, place it in a FAQ
> > file and install that instead of README (don't forget to remove the
> > FAQ file on clean though).
>
> Where can i find the "FAQ" file syntax? or i just mv README to FAQ and
> that´s it?

Copy the README file to a FAQ file and then use sed to strip out
everything before the line that says "FAQ". Something like this should
do it (in the debian/rules build target):

sed -ne '/FAQ/,//p' < README > FAQ

and this in the clean target:

rm -f FAQ

and replace README in debian/docs with FAQ

> > There are some relevant lintian warnings/info:
> >
> > I: gnomad2: desktop-entry-contains-encoding-key
> > /usr/share/applications/gnomad2.desktop:24 Encoding
> > W: gnomad2: desktop-entry-invalid-category Application
> > /usr/share/applications/gnomad2.desktop
>
> I don´t get this, can you point the way to fix it, please?

The best way is to ask upstream to remove the Encoding key from their
gnomad2.desktop.in and remove the Application category from the
Categories key in their gnomad2.desktop.in file.

If upstream doesn't respond, or you can't wait for them to take
action, add a patch (using quilt/dpatch/etc) that does these things to
the gnomad2.desktop file (because that is what is installed).

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise