Re: Removing non-Linux files from source tarballs

On 11/2/07, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <jordigh@gmail.com> wrote:

> Now, Processing distributes in its source tarball (well, not really a
> source tarball at all, since it's necessary to get everything from
> svn), some Windows .exes and some MacOSX-specific files too.
>
> Do these have to be removed from the source package that I make for Debian?

If there is no source for them in the tarball, yes. If there is source
in the tarball, I'd suggest that it is worth the space saving to
remove them. Since you are manually creating the orig.tar.gz from SVN
anyway, obviously leave them out since they are not source code. And
add a get-orig-source target to recreate the tarball automatically.
And get upstream a clue :)

--
bye,
pabs