Re: RFS: openjpeg

Le jeudi 29 mars 2007 16:18, Paul TBBle Hampson a écrit :
> And again, if I was going to keep the debian/ directory in an external
> version-control system, dpatch would be the way to go.
>
> Since I'm not going to, the Debian archive already has a system for
> storing such trivial patches, in the .diff.gz.
>
> Despite this, and because I'm obviously going to be overruled here again
> no matter what I say, here's a version using dpatch. At least dpatch use
> is _easy_ to revert later.

Paul, we'll talk about this later, when you'll have to update your package to
a new upstream release, when the diff.gz may not apply cleanly and you'll end
up seperating what's for upstream sources to what's for debian/ in the
diff.gz and finally patching new upstream with a new patch... That is
precisely the work I advise you to do in the first place: extracting a
patch..

Sorry for giving you the impression that I overruled your will, but seriously
we'll discuss this later and I'm really convinced that
 you may not have the same opinion.

Now, let's look at the dpatched version :)

Romain