Re: manpage tools

Am Donnerstag, den 29.03.2007, 11:00 +0900 schrieb Charles Plessy:

[docbook-xml/xsl for writing manpages]
> - The copyright statements are grouped together, so it its not obvious
> which one is for the manpage and which one is for the software.

I opened a feature request. I think about something like

<copyright role="product">...</copyright>
<legalnotice role="product">...</legalnotice>
<copyright role="manpage">...</copyright>
<legalnotice role="manpage">...</legalnotice>

and then process them after each other. Feel free to comment on this at
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1690539&group_id=21935&atid=373750.

BTW: There is AFAIK no recommendation to include any copyright/legal
notice information in the manpage. I also have a feature request open,
to only put the copyright and legal notice into the groff source as
leading comment, not into the manpage as separate section.

> - If there are multiple upstream authors, it may look like that I am
> part of their team as there is no clear separator.

Where is the problem? You can use

<author>
	<firstname>Charles</firstname>
	<surname>Plessy</surname>
	<email>whatever</email>
	<contrib>Wrote this manpage</contrib>
</author>

The comment is a clear separator, that you are not involved in the
upstream software. I don't understand, how this should look like you are
involved?

Regards, Daniel