Re: backports.org became really shitty for php5-mysql and mysql-server-5.0

Le Sun, Mar 18, 2007 at 09:46:52PM +1100, Craig Sanders a écrit :

> read the fine print. nobody's *obligated* to do it for stable,
> either. and certainly not for backports (which has inherent security
> implications because backporters aren't vetted and don't have to be in
> the web of trust like debian developers are - yes, many are DDs...not
> all).

Hi all,

This discussion becomes seriously off-topic for this list, but I would
like to clarify one thing about backports.org: similarly to the main
Debian archive, only debian developpers can upload to this service.
Therefore, at the upload point of view, backports.org is as secure as
Debian itself.

have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy