Re: RFS: otpw -- A One-time Password System

Le mercredi 14 mars 2007 16:27, Matthew Johnson a écrit :
>   Dear mentors, I am looking for a sponsor for my package otpw.

	Hi !

Few remarks concerning your package:
* libotpw-dev: Is it mandatory that you ship only a static library ?
* You call dh_installman but in fact you install manuals yourself.. You better
simply use it..
* They are still dh_* calls that are not used. You may use them, or comment or
simply remove them. I can think of dh_link and dh_installdocs for instance.
* debian/watch is not precise enought, it gives the result here:
-- Found the following matching hrefs:
     otpw-1.3.tar.gz
     otpw-snapshot.tar.gz
Newest version on remote site is snapshot, local version is 1.3
You may constrain it to digit only releases for instance..
* IMPORTANT: Licence is stated only in the html document... You may ask
upstream to include at least a LICENCE or COPYING file, and better add the
licence to each headers in code files...
* This html doc is not included, you could include it by creating a
debian/docs with its name inside.. It would then be a solution for using
dh_installdocs ;)
* Same remark for README
* Maybe more remarks, but enought for today ;)

Appart from that the package seems in a good shape, I may upload it later when
we'll have discussed above corrections and others I may see later..

Again, I for myself recommend cdbs for simple packages since you are then sure
not to forgot any dh_* call (yes, I know you may call uneeded ones but...)
and reduce your rule only to the relevant parts... But this is of course not
an official guideline, just *my* advice that others sponsors may not tell.

Romain