Re: RFS: sshproxy

OoO En ce  début d'après-midi nuageux du samedi  20 janvier 2007, vers
14:52, Thijs Kinkhorst <thijs@debian.org> disait:

>> The package is almost lintian free. I have put an override for INSTALL
>> which contains post-setup instructions.

> Maybe it makes sense to move these instructions to a file called
> README.Debian for example, because the naming of "INSTALL" doesn't make
> it   clear  that   it  contains   things  other   than  installation
> instructions.

I have put a simple README.Debian with the URL of the documentation. I
have discovered that the INSTALL file was outdated...

>> And it is compiled as a native package but  numbered as  a non native
>> package.  In fact,  the author quickly incorporate  the changes I do
>> on the debian  package into the upstream source.   Therefore, I am not
>> sure  if I have to  make this a native package or not.

> Please do not make it a native package. The author might incorporate
> things now but this may not happen in the future. Someone NMU'ing the
> package probably does not have contact with the upstream maintainer.
> What advantage do you have to make it native anyway?

> I think this is a good rule:

>         If the source is published outside of Debian,
>         do not make a native package.

OK, I have done another upload as a non-native package.
 http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/s/sshproxy/sshproxy_0.5.1-3.dsc

Thanks.
--
panic("kmem_cache_init(): Offsets are wrong - I've been messed with!");
	2.2.16 /usr/src/linux/mm/slab.c