Re: RFS: sshproxy

Hi Bernat,

On Sat, 2007-01-20 at 14:38 +0100, Vincent Bernat wrote:
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "sshproxy".

> There is currently one bug in the package due to a problem in cdbs :
> bug #386970. I don't know wthat the correct work around is.

I'm sorry, I can't help you with this.

> The package is almost lintian free. I have put an override for INSTALL
> which contains post-setup instructions.

Maybe it makes sense to move these instructions to a file called
README.Debian for example, because the naming of "INSTALL" doesn't make
it clear that it contains things other than installation instructions.

> And it is compiled as a native package but  numbered as  a non native
> package.  In fact,  the author quickly incorporate  the changes I do
> on the debian  package into the upstream source.   Therefore, I am not
> sure  if I have to  make this a native package or not.

Please do not make it a native package. The author might incorporate
things now but this may not happen in the future. Someone NMU'ing the
package probably does not have contact with the upstream maintainer.
What advantage do you have to make it native anyway?

I think this is a good rule:

        If the source is published outside of Debian,
        do not make a native package.

Thijs