Re: [xdialog] RFS: Urgent upload required since 2.2 is broken

Hi!

On 1/12/07, Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle@freenet.de> wrote:
since the maintainer of xdialog is MIA I have prepared a since 7 month
tested version 2.3.0 and uploaded to <http://mentors.debian.net/>.

Please sponsor the upload it solvs many bugs.

Michelle, the upload might solve bugs, but none of them are release
critical.  Therefore, it's disrecommended to do the upload to unstable
now.  Better wait till Etch is released.

After that, you might want to ask for sponsorship again.

Note: The current Upstream is 2.3.1 and I was not able to build the
      package under ANY released (Sid, Etch, Sarge).

Why?

      If the current maintainer is not more interested in Xdialog, I
      like to take over it.

Maintainer of Xdialog is Stan Vasilyev.  His last activity, as far as
I can see is from May 2006.  Have you tried sending him a mail about
this package?

--
Besos,
Marga