Stupid library ABI question

Hello,

I have a dumb library ABI question.  Suppose I maintain a library
libfoo.so that has public functions A(), B() and C().  Now there is a
new release in which libfoo.so only provides A(), but it is now (newly)
dynamically linked against libbar.so, which has public functions B() and
C() with interfaces identical to the old B() and C() in the old version
of libfoo.so.

Does libfoo.so need to have its soname bumped, since it no longer
provides B() and C()?  Or can it keep the same soname since it still
indirectly provides B() and C() via its new dependency on libbar.so?

Thanks and best regards,