Re: RFS: libdevice-serialport-perl

On Fri, Jan 05, 2007 at 04:00:11PM -0600, Mike Mattice wrote:
> I'm still alive.  When I'd last looked at ldsp, it appeared the nmu's were
> pretty reasonable, but having just looked at what new stuff (yeah, I've
> been not paying that much attention to it) has happened, it's in a pretty
> sad state.

Hi Mike!  I'm glad to hear for you.  :)

> I just rebuilt it here and except for a couple patchable problems with one
> of the tests (completely syntax issues that seem to come from upstream),
> the 'make test' comes out just fine.

"make test" is a disaster, and I'd recommend leaving it off for now,
I've been working on a large changes to that area, as it is unreliable
based on available hardware, state of serial ports, etc etc.

> This is actually good to hear.  The only thing I knew for certain used
> this package when I first made it was something I'd written to talk to
> a money order machine.

This appears to be ldsp's common use-case.  :)

> Kees, what's the real version number of the latest release?  The version on
> your site and on CPAN are both numbered 1.002, but in your home-rolled debian/
> dir, it's 1.2.0.  These should be consistant.

Those are very old attempts at packaging (I've dropped the debian dir in
CVS).  I'd like CPAN and Debian to agree, so 1.002 is "correct".  In
addition to the test updates, I'll be sorting out the ugliness of the
version number too.  :)

Thanks!

--
Kees Cook                                            @outflux.net