Re: RFS: localizator
On Dec 28, 2007 3:00 AM, Kumar Appaiah <email@example.com> wrote:
> Dear Mauro,
> On Fri, Dec 28, 2007 at 02:38:51AM -0300, Mauro wrote:
> > I am looking for a sponsor for my package "localizator".
> > * Package name : localizator
> > Version : 0.2
> > Upstream Author : Mauro Lizaur <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> > * URL : http://mlizaur.unixpod.com/py/localizator/
> > * License : GPLv2
> > Section : misc
> > - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/localizator/localizator_0.2.dsc
> > I would be glad if someone uploaded this package for me.
> I am not a Debian developer, but just happened to see your package. I
> have the following remarks/questions.
> * Why is your package a native package? Please see section 5.4 of the
> developer's reference, if you are unaware of what I mean, but in
> short, Debian packages are usually non-native if they are not
> specific to Debian (exceptions exist). If there is no compelling
> reason for this package to be a native one, please make it an
> `ordinary' one.
> * Please correct "Standards-Version". Also, use 3.7.3, as it is the
> most recent one.
> * Your package should be `Architecture: all'.
> * You really shouldn't be packaging a Python application or module
> without using the Python tools for Debian, viz. Python Central and
> Python Support. Please refer to the manuals and use them.
> /usr/share/doc/python-support/README.gz makes a good read.
> See some example Python applications to get an idea; here are a few:
> Of course, consider joining the Python Application Team as well.
> Hope the input is useful.
> Kumar Appaiah,
> 458, Jamuna Hostel,
> Indian Institute of Technology Madras,
> Chennai - 600 036
i followed your advices and re-uploaded the package to mentors.debian.net;
but im afraid that i didn't understood what you meant by 'my package
being a native package',
i mean the differences between the source in the orig.tar.gz and the
package are the paths (original source uses "relative" paths and the
package uses "absolute" paths), and those differences are just because
i didn't 'gave' a directory structure to the original source code when
i made it.
tell me if im wrong with this.
----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK----
GCM/O d->dpu$ s-:- a-->a+++$ C+++
LU P+ L++ E W+++ N !o K w O !M !V
PS+ PE Y+ PGP t 5– X R tv++ b- DI D++ G+ e
h!>h-- r>r+++ y+
----END GEEK CODE BLOCK----