Re: RFS: thailatex (updated package)

On Fri, Dec 28, 2007 at 03:28:15PM +0930, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Dec 28, 2007 1:12 PM, Theppitak Karoonboonyanan <thep@linux.thai.net> wrote:
>
> > I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 0.4.0-3
> > of my package "thailatex".
>
> Uploaded, please contact this list for future sponsoring.

Thank you very much.

> Question:
>
> Where does debian/babel.sty come from? Shouldn't it be generated at
> build time or something?

It was taken from tetex (now texlive) package, with patching to add
pointer to Thai macro file. Since patching files from other packages are
prohibited, the former maintainer had to divert it to the patched
version. Now that texlive has shipped it in a separate directory, it can
now co-exist. So, it's just patched and installed as-is. What I need to
do is keep it synchronized with texlive.

> Please fix the following minor issues in the next version:
>
> No need for the final .0 in the standards-version.

No problem. I just wonder if there is a common convention for this.
I find many packages use the four-digit versions.

> Slightly improved package description:

>  This package provides a Thai language add-on for Latex. It is based on
>  the babel package which comes with the tetex distribution.
>  .
>  This package needs a Thai words separator such as cttex and swath in
>  order for latex to be able to break sentences.
>
> In README.Debian:
>
> s/Thai texts/Thai text/
> s/consult the document/consult the documentation/
> Adding blank lines around the command blocks might make it more easy to read.
>
> lintian -I:
>
> I: thailatex source: package-lacks-versioned-build-depends-on-debhelper 5

Thank you for the suggestions. I have applied all in CVS unreleased
snapshot (with s/tetex/texlive/ as well).

Regards,
--
Theppitak Karoonboonyanan
http://linux.thai.net/~thep/