Re: RFS: yougrabber

On Dec 23, 2007 2:00 AM, chaica <chaica@ohmytux.com> wrote:

> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "yougrabber".

In addition to Raphael's comments;

I tried yougrabber and youtube-dl on these URLs and none of them
worked in yougrabber, but they did in youtube-dl:

http://youtube.com/?v=W3ctTJQ9koc http://youtube.com/?v=uhpuZAqgizI
http://youtube.com/?v=6rjDKyzT4uc http://youtube.com/?v=dVUVxTZWPNQ

Your watch file should use the special syntax for sourceforge - read
the uscan manual page.

Your debian/control doesn't have ${misc:Depends} - best put it in
there in case some debhelper command needs it at some point.

The comments in your changelog are not particularly helpful to people
who might read them. Please read the recommendations in the developers
reference:

http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/ch-best-pkging-practices.en.html#s-bpp-debian-changelog

The manual page references /usr/share/doc/yg/yg.conf.example - you
should patch it to reference
/usr/share/doc/yougrabber/examples/yg.conf.example instead.

Warnings to fix:

dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: debian/yougrabber/usr/bin/yg shouldn't be
linked with libgssapi_krb5.so.2 (it uses none of its symbols).

lintian -I -i:

I: yougrabber source: package-lacks-versioned-build-depends-on-debhelper 5
N:
N:   If a package sets debhelper's compatibility version to >= 5, either
N:   via DH_COMPAT, or via debian/compat, or via dh_testversion (which is
N:   deprecated), it should declare a versioned Build-Depends on the needed
N:   version of debhelper.
N:
N:   All versions of debhelper back to etch support compatibility version
N:   5, but the debhelper released with sarge did not, so this dependency
N:   is still helpful for oldstable backports.
N:

--
bye,
pabs