Re: RFS: dblatex (updated package): 2nd try

Andreas Hoenen wrote:

> what shall I say for advertisement?  I think dblatex is not an
> unimportant package, AFAIK it's the only free, working DocBook->PDF tool
> in Debian.  Moreover, the current Debian version (0.2.6-1) is quite
> outdated as sadly 0.2.7-1 did not get sponsored.  Thus I would really
> appreciate if someone could sponsor the new version.

I am fairly inexperienced with docbook and python policy, but here are a
few remarks that I hope make sense:

- the package adds a Makefile on '/usr/share/dblatex/tests/mathml/'
- I'm not sure the lintian override for the changelog line length is
necessary; you could just mention "bug # on the sourceforge tracker".
Using the override could mask a future line length issue, and even
though this is certainly something minor, I personally don't think it's
worth it.
- the wrapper in /usr/bin seems strange, isn't there a better way to
implement this? The way I see it, it makes the script in
/usr/share/dblatex a bit redundant.
- perhaps you could remove the sourceforge site link from the
description? It's linked from the homepage.

Overall, I'd say doing a quick check with debc, aside from lintian is
always a good idea, but the package seems good.

After you take a look at these issues (or just justify them) I can
sponsor you, if no one with more expertise in this sort of package pops
up until - let's say - monday.

Cheers

--
Leo "costela" Antunes