Removing parts of upstream tar-ball, parsers, autobuilding

Hello World!,

I have a bunch of questions:

1. I have an upstream source tar-ball that accidentally includes some
files that are generated (and cleaned when a make distclean is issued)
using the build system, and it is not necessary that I include those
files in the orig.tar.gz file.  These files are not binary files.

Now, the best thing to do would be to copy the upstream tar-ball as-is
to orig.tar.gz and have a patch that removes these files (this will
result in a big diff).  However, is it OK to create an orig.tar.gz file
based on the upstream tar-ball with these files removed?  Do maintainers
create a new orig.tar.gz based on the upstream tar-ball and use it (even
in the non pkg-modified-to-be-dfsg case)?

2. Are there packages in our archive that directly include parsers
(generated by bison etc.) in the orig.tar.gz directly rather than
"Build-Depends"-ing on the parser-generator?

I am guessing that there shouldn't be any (unless the parser is
hand-edited heavily later) because a bug in the generated parser because
of the parser-generator would be difficult to spot.

3. Related to the above: do our autobuilders re-build all packages that
Build-Depend on a newly uploaded package?  Or, are bugs like the above
handled when (a) People voluntarily build the package or a part of the
archive once in a while (b) A new version of the package that
Build-Depends on the parser-generator is uploaded.

Giridhar

--
Y Giridhar Appaji Nag | http://www.appaji.net/