Re: Removing parts of upstream tar-ball, parsers, autobuilding

On 07/12/13 19:03 +0530, Y Giridhar Appaji Nag said ...
> 2. Are there packages in our archive that directly include parsers
> (generated by bison etc.) in the orig.tar.gz directly rather than
> "Build-Depends"-ing on the parser-generator?

gccxml includes gcc's parser and doesn't require bison (even though the
original grammar file is also included).  The gccxml source package uses
it like upstream does.  I wouldn't be suprised if there are more such
packages.

> I am guessing that there shouldn't be any (unless the parser is
> hand-edited heavily later) because a bug in the generated parser because
> of the parser-generator would be difficult to spot.

Giridhar

--
Y Giridhar Appaji Nag | http://www.appaji.net/