Re: Removing parts of upstream tar-ball, parsers, autobuilding

Le 13 déc. 07 à 14:33, Y Giridhar Appaji Nag a écrit :

Hello World!,

Hi,

I have a bunch of questions:

1. I have an upstream source tar-ball that accidentally includes some
files that are generated (and cleaned when a make distclean is issued)
using the build system, and it is not necessary that I include those
files in the orig.tar.gz file.  These files are not binary files.

Now, the best thing to do would be to copy the upstream tar-ball as-is
to orig.tar.gz and have a patch that removes these files (this will
result in a big diff). However, is it OK to create an orig.tar.gz file based on the upstream tar-ball with these files removed? Do maintainers create a new orig.tar.gz based on the upstream tar-ball and use it (even
in the non pkg-modified-to-be-dfsg case)?

I tend to move those files to a safe place in the configure rule and put them back in place in the clean rule. It's often awkward, but that ensures that what is in the diff is meaningful.

It's just my personal way of doing things, I'd be happy to have the opinions of others on it.

Regards, Thibaut.