Re: RFS: gnome-color-chooser

Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> writes:

> ./src/gnome-color-chooser.1 says the licence is GPL, which means GPL3, while
> debian/copyright says the software is GPL2+... please fix.

Does it really mean GPL3? Do I have to compare the release date of a
software with the publishing date of the various GPL versions to
determine which one applies if it is not specified? I don't think this
is reasonable.

Are now all packages buggy that reference
/usr/share/common-licenses/GPL instead of GPL-2 because GPL now points
to GPL-3? That is probably a large portion of the archive. the GPL
symlink should be removed alltogether to avoid similar issues when the
next GPL version comes along.

Matthias