Re: RFS: prboom (updated package)

Hi Marco,

On Wed, 2007-10-31 at 07:24 +0100, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
> * Marco Rodrigues <gothicx@sapo.pt> [2007-10-31 01:33:21 CET]:
> > About prboom, it's working well with my updates (that I cannot submit to svn),

I've read that you accept that your svn commit access has been revoked,
so I guess that there were good reasons.  I have not verified that, but
all involved parties seem to agree on this.

If this package is being maintained in svn, then the best way to get
your changes included, is by submitting patches in the bug tracking
system.

> > that installs the .desktop file that I've added to it weeks ago. I also have
> > removed debian/menu from it, because there is prboom.menu added by Jon Downland,
> > I think..

See above, I suggest that you submit a patch to the bug tracking system.

> > What I need to do to have svn access again? I promise I'll be more careful about
> > everything I change and add it to changelog when the change deserves that.

Regain trust by submitting well tested patches in the bug tracking
system, is probably a good start.

The good thing is that you seem to be motivated to contribute to Debian,
and it really OK to make some mistakes while learning.  I still remember
the horrible mistakes I've made myself, and fortunately I had good
sponsors with lots of patience. :)

Hope this helps,

Bart Martens