Re: mentors.debian.net reloading

Hello,

On Fri, 26 Oct 2007, Christoph Haas wrote:
> That would mean getting the package in Debian (with the dependencies),
> installing it, testing upgrading to the new deb etc., right? I just
> worry what happens if I try that with a package that pulls in 1 GB of
> dependencies. How would that work? (Disclaimer: I have just recently
> begun to actually use piuparts.)

Perhaps this is not what your question is about but, ...

One way is to use some package caching proxy like approx (which I
use) to get the packages. Over time this builds itself a copy of the
relevant portions of the Debian archive. Of course, since the builds
are against unstable the cache gets out-of-date often but most of
these caching tools are good at handling that.

Regards,

Kapil.