Re: mentors.debian.net reloading

> It could be better. I just doubt that the "private" issue is the
> problem. Everybody who likes to get involved could always join the team.
> We are open. So it's really no giant master plan that the sources
> weren't made public yet. Perhaps with the relaunch we can start to make

I think it is a major problem, that anyone who wants to create a
similar things, like me, but for example providing the building and
personal archives (that you don't want, or at least didn't want,
because of the download bandwidth) has to reinvent everything from
scratch.

> everything public right from the start. The only reason it's a
> one-man-show is that from our 3-people-team one (Ivo) is studying like
> hell and the other (Matthijs) is kept busy by his boss at work.
>
> I don't intend to be posessive here. mentors.debian.net was invented to
> improve the sponsorees' situation. I'm confident it has done that and
> believe that way more packages are sponsored instead of trashed. I
> wouldn't want to see it perish for no reason. But I'm also not the
> showstopper when it comes to changing things.

There is no doubt mentors.debian.net is doing it's job and doing it
well, so no need to perish it.

Ondrej