Re: How package a binary library with unversioned soname?

On Wed, Oct 03, 2007 at 06:13:43PM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Yes, and I don't see any connection between a patch management system and
> combining upstream source.  They really don't have anything to do with
> each other so far as I can tell.

I just imagined having several, unchanged upstream tarballs in one
(unpacked) source package, and unpack+patch these sources with some
patch management system.  This would have preserved the upstream
tarballs, which I thought is of very high priority.  Might have been a
completely dumb idea. :-)

Repackaging the source is fine for me, that way I can stick with svn for
me and dpkg for the rest of the world, that's great.

Nikolaus

PS. I'm offline from tomorrow till Sunday.