Re: RFS: tesseract (updated package), third time lucky, I hope

On 25/09/2007, Christoph Haas <haas@debian.org> wrote:
> Why are the include files packages in /usr/include/tesseract? Sounds
> like that should rather go into a tesseract-ocr-dev package. Or is it
> really needed to run tesseract?

I must admit that I am fairly inexperienced at packaging, and I more
or less used the v1 diff as a template and just made mods to get it
lintian clean. I see your point, though. I assume it is possible
simultaneously to make the -ocr and -ocr-dev packages, just defining
which files go in which package. I thought defining .install files
would do the trick, but I am having no luck. Would you mind giving me
some pointers?

> Regarding the language packages: what do they need autoconfig files
> (config.guess, config.sub) for?

Which autoconfig files? I don't see these.

> IMHO the description of the language packages doesn't sound english
> enough (although I'm not an englishman either). Perhaps instead of
> "tesseract-ocr data for German" you could use something along
> "Data files to make tesseract recognize german images"?

I am English, but I am prepared to change it. How about "tesseract-ocr
language files for German text"?

Regards

Jeff