Re: RFS: tesseract (updated package), third time lucky, I hope

Jeffrey,

On Tue, Sep 25, 2007 at 11:29:35AM +0200, Jeffrey Ratcliffe wrote:
> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 2.01-1
> of "tesseract", plus the eight language packages, "tesseract-eng",
> "tesseract-deu", "tesseract-deu-f", "tesseract-nld", "tesseract-spa",
> "tesseract-por", "tesseract-ita", "tesseract-fra"

I may have missed something so bear with me. Currently there are two
packages in "unstable":

 tesseract-ocr                   - Command line OCR tool
 tesseract-ocr-data              - Command line OCR tool data

>From #434152 I see that the tesseract-ocr* maintainer knows about the
new package. But why the name change? Is this the same software?

Cheers
 Christoph
--
Peer review means that you can feel better because someone else
missed the problem, too.