Re: RFS: steam-powered

Hi,

On Wednesday 29 August 2007, Michael Gilbert wrote:
> number for counter-strike.  if the user doesn't own the game when
> it is launched like this, steam will bring up the page for the user
> to purchase it.

Are there "free" games available on the steam plattform?

I ask because the vast majority (if not all) of the software we have
in contrib and non-free (or we have installers for in
contrib/non-free) is at least free as in beer, i.e. it does not cost
anything at least for some usage (e.g. non-commercial).

I don't think we want a package that has the sole purpose of making it
easier for some company to earn money.

BTW, I belive the privacy policy of steam is not what would appeal to
the average user of free software. I own Half Life 2 (came with my
graphics card) but decided not to install it because of their privacy
policy (though that was 2 years ago and might have changed).

Cheers,
Stefan