Re: Package requiring a customised version of libc6

On Fri, 24 Aug 2007, David Given wrote:
> Currently I am merely trying to figure out whether upstream's idea
> of using a customised glibc is possible on Debian

It's always possible to do so. However, actually doing so requires
that you convince the security team, the maintainer(s), and the
release managers that having a duplicate copy of the glibc code and
duplicating the associated work for any bugs found in glibc is worth
the extra effort.

The people who have responded to you so far strongly suspect that it's
not worth the effort, but without knowing why the glibc we already
distribute can't be used, it's hard for us to give you a definitive
answer.

Don Armstrong

--
If a nation values anything more than freedom, it will lose its
freedom; and the irony of it is that if it is comfort or money it