Re: using boost headers

Neil Williams wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 15:24:32 -0500 (CDT)
> Carlo Segre <segre@iit.edu> wrote:
>
>> This is the thing aobut boost, it is not a library but basically a set of
>> functions taht gets included in your program.
>>
> Those functions have to live somewhere. Headers are useless without
> a .c/.cpp file somewhere.

Not in this case. The Boost headers contain heavy templates, which
compile into build-time classes, but most of these headers have no
associated library files (e.g. the smart_ptr 'library' consists only of
header files, not a single .c/.cpp file compiling into a .so).

Still, I agree with Neil that the Debian-supplied header files should be
used at build-time.

Jan-Pascal