Re: RFS: logapp

On Thu, Aug 16, 2007 at 01:06:48PM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
> > Write something like:
> > * Added patches/0?_BlaBla.dpatch to fix hyphens in manpages
>
> It's still pretty bad. Since the changelog is for users, it should
> also contain what actually got changed without reference to
> a patch. Were the hyphens broken? What's a broken hyphen?

OK, so it now reads:
"Added 01manpage_hyphen_fix.dpatch to ensure hyphens aren't used as minus signs."

I think it can't be more clear than that!

> It's correct to use a comma before "and" even in British English.

Well, I am not changing this.

> > debian/copyright:
> > - It was downloaded from http://logapp.sourceforge.net/
> > + It was downloaded from <http://logapp.sourceforge.net/>
>
> Rationale? Sponsoring isn't really about making sure your
> preferences are honoured.

Reverting to the one without <>, since the URL is highlighted
incorrectly in Emacs if I have the trailing ">". :-)

> > debian/examples:
> > Quite complicated to use a whole file just for one file, you could also
> > do that with a dh_installexamples parameter. But yes, it works also so
> > it's okay, just as a hint...
>
> It's really the way debhelper was designed and is much easier and
> more transparent for NMUs etc. IMHO.

Well, in this case, I really feel it's all right, since the package
is, as such, quite small. But I also like the separate file way for
the reason that if upstream adds another file later, I just append it
there rather than look for it in rules...

Anyway, the latest one is available at:
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/logapp/logapp_0.7-1.dsc

Thanks for the tips, Martin!

Kumar