Re: RFC: irrlicht

Keep in mind that irrlicht breaks ABI compatability every release.
1.3.1, for example, is not compatable with 1.3. I just tested this
by using your package with a "Hello World" program that I compiled with
1.3 a while ago. I got a warning that the version of the Irrlicht Engine
(1.3.1) did not match the version that the application was compiled
with (1.3). It segfaulted before displaying anything.

You should label this package libirrlicht1.3.1, and remove the
/usr/lib/libirrlicht1.3.0 symlink.

Your diff file adds an excess file,
irrlicht-1.3.1/source/Irrlicht/Makefile~. Probably, your editor backed
up the original Makefile there. You don't want that.

It would be nice if there was a pkg-config file. I have attached the
one I've been using for irrlicht 1.3. It won't work as it is for your
library. Specifically, you will need to add jpeg, png, and zlib, since
you didn't compile them into your library. I'm not sure whether there
is anything else you'd have to add.

I haven't checked out the actual library, or the docs or examples yet.
Good job so far.

-Brandon