Re: RFS: Many php-* packages to be updated: php-auth-http php-compat php-config php-crypt-cbc php-event-dispatcher php-html-common php-html-select php-image-barcode php-net-ping php-net-portscan php-xml-rss (updated package)
Thijs Kinkhorst wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
> First of all, thanks for your work on this set of packages.
> In general, they look ok. There's one remark: you seem to not use all the
> features of the debhelper system. For example you are using 'cp' or 'mv' to
> install files in different places, while there is dh_install, dh_installdocs,
> dh_installchangelogs etc. etc. You really should use those. Try dh_<tab><tab>
> on the command line to see all possible dh_ commands, and use those which are
> most appropriate.
I knew them, and used them a lot in the past, but as I am doing the
packaging using "pear install" and some rm, I thought it would be more
consistent like this. Anyway, this is changed and now using
dh_installdocs and dh_installexamples instead, but of course, the rest
is still using "pear install". If it was a problem, then php-net-ipv4
has it too (which was the example I took). I could have as well called
"pear install" in a temporary build folder, and call dh_install later
on, but I thought it was a bit too much. Let me know what you think
>> php-html-select - A class for generating HTML form select elements
> This one does not exist in the archive - although the changelog mentions
> an "initial release" in December. Is that right?
That was wrong and it's corrected. I first wanted to NOT maintain this
package, but it was done, so I finally think it's a bit silly to to have
the work uploaded... I have closed the ITP, should I re-open it, or is
it all right the way it is ATM?
Remember my goal is to have all the dependencies for h-inventory
uploaded so I can work on packaging this nice app (see
www.h-inventory.com for more details).
> For the following packages the following applies: you are changing the licence
> in debian/copyright to the "PHP 3.0 license" while they are licensed under
> the PHP 2.0 license. The source file says so. That is of course not good.
The problem was that the website links to the php license 3.01 when the
sources notice a 2.02 license, so I did the mistake. Sorry, this is
corrected. I have also separated "License:" and "Copyright notice:"
which is IMHO better.
I have re-uploaded all package to the same location. Note that, except
for php-html-select that is the initial release, I have been using the
-sd flag when calling dpkg-buildpackage as this is only a Debian release
update. Let me know if this is problematic, or if it's the right way to
P.S: You can as well use our git where I store everything:
~/sources$ git clone http://git.gplhost.com/pear.git