Re: RFS: ack

On Sun, Aug 05, 2007 at 03:43:55PM +0300, Marc-André Lureau wrote:
> Dear mentors,

Hi,

Before uploading, let's have a review on it and get it into a good
shape. Here the things I don't like:

debian/changelog:
Should be "* Initial release" as in the template and it should close the
ITP bug. I can't even find an ITP for this package which is quite bad
since most sponsors (including me) want to have a clean ITP. Please see
http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp fore more information.

debian/control:
Architecture: any means that the package can be compiled on all
architectures, which means that you will get a i386, sparc, alpha,
amd64, ia64 etc. package. If it's a binary independent package as yours
is please use Architecture: all, this will produce exactly one package
which is enough. Then the description is quite horrible, please use
something like
* Item1
* Item2
* Item3
to provide a list of features instead of using the "." for an empty
line. You could also add the upstream URL to the description as it's
explained in
http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/ch-best-pkging-practices.en.html#s-bpp-upstream-info

debian/copyright:
Hmmm, all that stuff looks very short and in the source tree I can't
really find a License anywhere. So I guess you will have a problem to
bring this in Debian as long is it doesn't have a clear license which is
DFSG compatible.

The rest I think looks more or less ok, I didn't try the package yet but
please fix those cosmetical issues first please.

Thank you for your work and regards,

--
  .''`.     Mario Iseli <mario@debian.org>
 : :'  :    Debian GNU/Linux developer