Re: RFS: ack

On Sun, Aug 05, 2007 at 03:43:55PM +0300, Marc-André Lureau wrote:
> Dear mentors,

Before uploading, let's have a review on it and get it into a good
shape. Here the things I don't like:

Should be "* Initial release" as in the template and it should close the
ITP bug. I can't even find an ITP for this package which is quite bad
since most sponsors (including me) want to have a clean ITP. Please see
http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp fore more information.

Architecture: any means that the package can be compiled on all
architectures, which means that you will get a i386, sparc, alpha,
amd64, ia64 etc. package. If it's a binary independent package as yours
is please use Architecture: all, this will produce exactly one package
which is enough. Then the description is quite horrible, please use
something like
* Item1
* Item2
* Item3
to provide a list of features instead of using the "." for an empty
line. You could also add the upstream URL to the description as it's
explained in

Hmmm, all that stuff looks very short and in the source tree I can't
really find a License anywhere. So I guess you will have a problem to
bring this in Debian as long is it doesn't have a clear license which is
DFSG compatible.

The rest I think looks more or less ok, I didn't try the package yet but
please fix those cosmetical issues first please.

Thank you for your work and regards,

  .''`.     Mario Iseli <mario@debian.org>
 : :'  :    Debian GNU/Linux developer
 `. `'`