Re: .deb issue

Am Samstag, den 04.08.2007, 14:17 +0200 schrieb JM Barrios:
> Hello:
>
> I am developing a .deb package an all goes well but I have problems
> putting it in the Applications menu of Gnome. I have modified the
> debian/menu.ex file with this content:

The menu file is for the Debian menu. The GNOME and KDE menus are based
on the .desktop file format (see /usr/share/applications/*.desktop and
http://standards.freedesktop.org).

> ?package(lkmonitor):needs="x11″ section="Apps/System" \
> title="Linux Kernel Monitor" command="/usr/bin/lkmonitor" \
> icon="/usr/share/pixmaps/lkmonitor/spider-shadow16.png"
>

> then I renamed the file from menu.ex to menu. I have modified
> debian/postinst.ex file adding this lines:

This is normally done by simply calling dh_installmenu(1).

[..]
> I have renamed both files from postinst.ex and postrm.ex to postinst
> and postrm. The package is built well and it works but it only appear
> in the gnome menu as the attached file shows and without icon.

There is no attachment.

> Also, it shows the application version is "Lkmonitor Version 0.1" as
> you can see and I want it shows "lkmonitor version 0.3 alpha"

You probably missed to fix the .desktop file. That would explain, why
you have an entry in the GNOME menu and why this entry has it's own
description :)

Regards, Daniel