Re: Sponsor Checklist

On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 21:40:26 -0500
Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> wrote:

>         Hmm.  Since the DD/sponsor is the one who creates the uploaded
>  packages, they do not have to insis; they can just make it so. I hope
>  DD's do the actual tend build/clean/rebuild/piuparts-run personally.

I can never run piuparts - it just takes far too long over my crippled
internet connection. Isn't there some way of getting piuparts to use
the cached archives like pbuilder does? I already use the existing
pbuilder chroot but downloading ALL dependencies EVERY TIME piuparts
runs is completely useless to me.

It's far easier for me to run sudo pbuilder update, login copy the
necessary built files into the chroot and test from there. I fail to
understand why piuparts is just so difficult to use without a super
fast connection. Just how long is it meant to take to run the full
piuparts test against sid, lenny and etch for a Gnome package on a <1Mb
connection? I gave up after FOUR HOURS. Even a single piuparts run
against sid takes far too long for me to do anything useful with it.

Not using piuparts (or linda) hasn't been a hindrance so far. I just
can't see why piuparts is recommended so often.

pbuilder/pdebuild are *far* more useful, IMHO.

--

Neil Williams