Re: Creating /usr/bin/ entries to scripts the right way

On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 11:17:06 +0530, Kumar Appaiah wrote:

> > If the source package contains debian/bin/harvestman then debian/install
> > can contain this line: debian/bin/harvestman usr/bin/
> Unfortunately, the source package does not contain such a file.

Bart was talking about the _Debian_ _source_ package, I guess.

> Or should I just create such a file of that type using dpatch? That
> way, I keep the diff clean.

You don't need dpatch or any other patch system to put a file into
your debian/ directory. Just put it there (i.e. add it to the source
package :-)) and install it with dh_install (or other preferred
methods).

Yes it's really that simple ;-)

Cheers,
gregor
 : :' :  debian: the universal operating system - http://www.debian.org/
   `-    No one wants war.  -- Kirk, "Errand of Mercy", stardate 3201.7