Re: RFS: php-html-progress2

On Sun, Jul 29, 2007 at 01:02:08PM +0800, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> Christoph Haas wrote:
> > On Fri, Jul 27, 2007 at 03:42:55PM +0800, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> >> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "php-html-progress2".
> >>
> >> * Package name    : php-html-progress2
> >>   Version         : 2.3.0-1
> >>   Upstream Author : Laurent Laville <pear@laurent-laville.org>
> >> * URL             : http://download.pear.php.net/package/HTML_Progress2
> >
> > This URL gives a 404. I believe you mean
> > http://pear.php.net/package/HTML_Progress2
>
> Yes, I did. Sorry for the mistake.
>
> > The URL seems to be mentioned correctly within the package though so no
> > need to worry.
> >
> > What's worse: you install some files into the
> > /usr/share/doc/php-html-progres2 directory ('s' instead of 'ss').
>
> Ouuups! This is now corrected, sorry I should have check more. It's
> reuploaded at the same location:
>
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/p/php-html-progress2/php-html-progress2_2.3.0-1.dsc
>
> > I mainly hesitate to offer myself as a sponsor because I have a slight
> > dislike for CDBS. ;)
>
> My previous sponsor thought it was better this way, so I changed to this
> type of package.

Seems to be a common issue among DDs that there is no agreement on
whether CDBS or Debhelper should be used. I for one prefer Debhelper but
for very simple packages also accept CDBS. There are strangely other DDs
who seem to force package maintainers to rewrite the rules files to
CDBS. I don't understand that really.

Package is uploaded.

Kindly
 Christoph
--
Peer review means that you can feel better because someone else
missed the problem, too.