Re: RFS: php-html-progress2

Christoph Haas wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 27, 2007 at 03:42:55PM +0800, Thomas Goirand wrote:
>> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "php-html-progress2".
>>
>> * Package name    : php-html-progress2
>>   Version         : 2.3.0-1
>>   Upstream Author : Laurent Laville <pear@laurent-laville.org>
>> * URL             : http://download.pear.php.net/package/HTML_Progress2
>
> This URL gives a 404. I believe you mean
> http://pear.php.net/package/HTML_Progress2

Yes, I did. Sorry for the mistake.

> The URL seems to be mentioned correctly within the package though so no
> need to worry.
>
> What's worse: you install some files into the
> /usr/share/doc/php-html-progres2 directory ('s' instead of 'ss').

Ouuups! This is now corrected, sorry I should have check more. It's
reuploaded at the same location:

http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/p/php-html-progress2/php-html-progress2_2.3.0-1.dsc

> I mainly hesitate to offer myself as a sponsor because I have a slight
> dislike for CDBS. ;)

My previous sponsor thought it was better this way, so I changed to this
type of package.

I'm not fan of it as well, but this type of package (php-* which are
pear extensions) don't require a lot of packaging work, and I believe
that using CDBS makes it really smaller. And there's nothing to
understand (apart from my stupid typos that you have detected), this
type of package only needs to have files populated in /usr/share/pear
and in /usr/share/doc ...

If no one wants to sponsor this package because it's a CDBS one, I can
reverse the job, that would be easy, but I don't really think this is
needed.

Thomas