Re: (still) RFS: syck -- a fast YAML parser kit (updated/improved package)

Thomas Jollans wrote:
> Hello mentors, (David: after your blog post I decided to Cc ;-) )

Way to go, baby :-)

> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 0.55+svn256-1 of the
> package 'syck', which is already in Debian. Robert Jordens
> <jordens@debian.org> is the registered maintainer and has given me
> permission to take the package, but has stopped respoding to my mail.

[...]

> it fixes bugs 324316, 359245, 378440, 415217, 418308, 432416
>
> This upload would also enable the upload of my package python-syck,
> which would fix a user request and another bunch of bugs.
>
> I hope this package not to be too much hassle; It's lintian and linda
> clean at any rate.
>
> I would like to add that the package has been finished for over a month.
> (I first requested sponsorship on this list in 26 Jun...)
>
> Thank you for reading this far,
> Looking forward to hearing from you

This is so cool.

Because of some very recent work, I was thinking on packaging the
YAML::Syck Perl module, which implements nicely the libsyck library.
I've been working with this for serializing objects into persistent
data.

Just as promised on my blog entry[1], I'll sponsor this.

1: http://www.damog.net/20070726/debian-maintainers/

--
David Moreno Garza <damog@damog.net> | http://www.damog.net/
 My <damog@ciencias.unam.mx> email address is not working, due to vacation