Re: RFS: dir2ogg -- audio file converter into ogg-vorbis format

* Julian Andres Klode <jak@jak-linux.org> [2007-07-17 22:14:22 +0200]:

> Am Dienstag, den 17.07.2007, 13:56 -0600 schrieb Oleksandr Moskalenko:
> > I think you should discuss avoiding effort duplication with Christian.
> Christian could have filed an ITP. I now develop this software and when
> it is in unstable, Christian can remove it from his archive.
>
> > * The man page has errors. For instance,
> >
> > -m or --convert-m4a
> > convert M4A files to OGG. Only used with -d or -r. Requires faad.
> >
> > -f or --convert-wma
> > convert M4A files to OGG. Only used with -d or -r. Requires mplayer.
> >
> > See the "M4A" duplication?
> Will be fixed in 0.10.1
> >
> > * README file that you ship in the package has erroneous installation and
> > licensing sections.
> What exactly do you mean?

I mean that you prepare a Debian package that is handled by package management
software and includes a complete copyright file. Why do you ship a README that
describes installation and licensing of the dir2ogg then?

> > * Oh, and dir2ogg is buggy in non-ascii character handling in file tags. For
> > instance, an attempt to convert an m4a file with a non-ascii string in the
> > tags results in the following error:
> >
> This will be fixed in 0.11 by using mutagen to write the tags to the
> file.

It looks like 0.11 may be a suitable candidate for uploading into Debian/main
then. I'm looking forward to trying the new release and uploading the
corresponding package if it's quality is satisfactory.

Regards,

Alex.