Re: Change in my sponsorship requirements

Bart Martens wrote:

> It's not a huge problem, but it's not so nice to have all beginners
> mistakes logged forever for the whole world to see.

Speaking as someone in NM, that is an important point.

I don't use mentors for my uploads, I either use my own web space or a
system put in place by my AM which allows me to upload packages to his
puiparts system where they get checked. Both mean that I can keep the
version the same until it's ready for upload.

If I did have to use mentors then I wouldn't mind using the ~r1 idea, with
the final uploaded version having that part removed, but I would be against
changing the actual Debian revision each time for two reasons.

 1) I don't want my failed attempts seen forever.

 2) it's a lot of unneeded and irrelevant information. (it's about the
    packaging *attempt* not about the packaging).

Colin

--
Colin Tuckley      |  colin@tuckley.org  |  PGP/GnuPG Key Id
+44(0)1903 236872  |  +44(0)7799 143369  |     0x1B3045CE

No trees were harmed during the production of this message, but a large
number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced....