Re: RFS: ninja

On 7/5/07, William Vera <billy@billy.com.mx> wrote:

http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/n/ninja/ninja_0.1.2-1.diff.gz

No time for sponsoring, some comments:

I see the security issues mentioned in the ITP have been fixed, am I correct?

debian/rules contains unused configure target, comments that aren't
useful, dh_installmenu isn't used

dh_installexamples isn't used, perhaps you meant to use it instead of
the line in debian/install?

If the config file is not required for the app to run, might want to
leave it in /usr/share/doc/ninja/examples/. If it is needed, might
want to install it to /usr/share/ninja/conf.d/ and patch the app to
read files in that dir as well as files in /etc/ninja.d/. Or better
yet, make the list of config dirs a compile time option.

Any reason for using debhelper 4 instead of 5?

Homepage syntax is '  Homepage: <url>' (two spaces and a colon)

why debian/dirs and debian/ninja.dirs?

Might want to fix the manual page patch so it is agnostic to the
location of the examples and then send that patch upstream.

Might want to get your package description reviewed by
http://wiki.debian.org/I18n/SmithReviewProject

The ChangeLog is more of a NEWS file, may want to ask upstream to
rename it and until they do install it as a NEWS file.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise