Re: A note on lintian clean packages and mentors.d.n

Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> writes:

> Minor and wishlist bugs still count - particularly for things like linda
> and lintian, which leads to 16 outstanding. (The lintian maintainer
> correctly insists that lintian - and therefore linda - are only
> indicators of problems and cannot catch all such problems, they are not
> intended to be the authoritative implementation of Policy.  Therefore,
> bugs in linda or lintian that relate to false positives, missing checks
> and wrong results are requested to be filed as wishlist only.) On that
> score, lintian has 99 bugs - yet lintian is still the better of the two.

Minor correction:  Missing checks should be filed as wishlist bugs, but
false positives and wrong results, unless explicitly already noted in the
long tag description, should be filed at normal or minor severity.  I try
to correct those as much as possible before each upload.