Re: A note on lintian clean packages and mentors.d.n

Hi,

On 01/07/07, Nico Golde <nico@ngolde.de> wrote:
Hi,
* Raphael Geissert <atomo64+debian@gmail.com> [2007-07-01 21:41]:
> On 01/07/07, Christoph Haas <haas@debian.org> wrote:
> >On Sun, Jul 01, 2007 at 07:21:51PM +0200, Nico Golde wrote:
[...]
> >Lintian is now v1.23.31 instead of v1.23.28 (Etch). Hope that
> >helps.
>
> Is lintian only checking the .deb file or the .dsc file too?

Not that I know it but I guess the scan the .changes file.

> By the way, what do you think about making linda check the
> package too?

Linda itself is too buggy I think. Linda is not bad but when
looking at the past I came to a point where I stopped using
it because of its bugs.

I have an alias in my .bashrc which helps me with this stuff:

alias checkdeb='linda -i *.deb; linda -i *.dsc; lintian -i -I *.deb;
lintian -i -I *.dsc'

The only "problem" I've found with linda is that when checking the
source of a package it sometimes complains about duplicate files like:

W: zend-framework; The font
zend-framework-1.0.0-RC2/tests/Zend/Pdf/_fonts/Vera.ttf in package
ttf-bitstream-vera is considered to be a duplicate.
The font shown above is considered to be a duplicate of a commonly
available font.

even tough those files aren't included in the final .deb

Cheers
Nico
--
Nico Golde - http://ngolde.de - nion@jabber.ccc.de - GPG: 0x73647CFF
http://people.debian.org/~nion/sponsoring-checklist.html

--
Atomo64 - Raphael

Please avoid sending me Word, PowerPoint or Excel attachments.