Re: dpkg-source and .git directories.

On (28/06/07 19:28), Rob Andrews wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm maintaining a set of debian package differences in a git repository. I
> prepare the package source diff thusly:
>
>     cd packagename/
>     tar --strip-components=1 -zxvf ../package-version.tar.gz
>     dpkg-buildpackage -S -rfakeroot
>
> Only, the .diff.gz includes the .git directory.
>
> According to the dpkg-source script, the source diff shouldn't contain the
> .git directories.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. The diff will include everything
that is in the unpacked source that isn't in the tarball.

Check out the -i options to dpkg-buildpackage and dpkg-source. Calling

  dpkg-buildpackage -S -rfakeroot -i.git

should exclude the .git directories as you require.

There is also git-buildpackage, but I have heard people say that this
doesn't support their way of working, so I am not sure how it will suit
you.

Thanks,

James

--
  James Westby   --    GPG Key ID: B577FE13    --     http://jameswestby.net/
  seccure key - (3+)k7|M*edCX/.A:n*N!>|&7U.L#9E)Tu)T0>AM - secp256r1/nistp256