Re: dpkg-source and .git directories.

Hi James,

On 28-Jun-2007 22:23.53 (BST), James Westby wrote:
 > >     cd packagename/
 > >     tar --strip-components=1 -zxvf ../package-version.tar.gz
 > >     dpkg-buildpackage -S -rfakeroot
 > >
 > > Only, the .diff.gz includes the .git directory.
 > >
 > > According to the dpkg-source script, the source diff shouldn't contain the
 > > .git directories.
 > I'm not sure what you mean by this. The diff will include everything
 > that is in the unpacked source that isn't in the tarball.
 > Check out the -i options to dpkg-buildpackage and dpkg-source. Calling
 >
 >   dpkg-buildpackage -S -rfakeroot -i.git

My apologies. It was my error entirely.

It seems that you should specify '-iregexp' or '-i' alone - dpkg-source
contains a default set of regexps, but they are not used unless -i is
specified alone.

I must have made a mistake in my earlier tests!

Thanks for your help,
rob.

--
rob andrews                       :: pgp 0x01e00563 :: rob@choralone.org