Re: RFS: enblend

Hi Dario,

On Tue, May 29, 2007 at 11:45:08AM +0200, daddel9@nebuk.de wrote:
> I would really appreciate it if someone could check whether i made
> serious mistakes and sponsor the package.

I will just list a couple of short notes - please do not consider this to be
impolite ;-)

* README.Debian is empty and should be removed.

* There are two ITP's for enblend already (#294389 and #390655) - Florent
  Bayle and I are up to packaging it. I don't really care if you want to join
  the team (or maybe even package it on your own) but it would have been nice
  to contact us before that (there is a reason why we still have not uploaded
  a package yet - see below).

* The synopsis (short description) should not include a full stop (.).

* There are some license problems (which are neither mentioned in the
  copyright file nor handled at all):

  - The files under src/win32helpers are released under the 4-clause BSD
	license which is incompatible with the GPL. Thus distributing them as part
	of a GPL'ed program is illegal - the .orig.tar.gz should be repackaged to
	not include those files (they are only needed under Windows anyway) and
	'+dfsg' should be added to the version number.

  - The files src/vigra_impex/rgbe.* were written by Bruce Walter and Greg
	Ward (not mentioned in the copyright file) and do not include any clear
	license information. Especially they do not explicitly allow any
	redistribution which makes them DFSG-nonfree. (This is the reason why I
	did not have any packages uploaded so far).

* The upstream sources already include a manpage. You do not have to copy it
  to debian/manpage.1. Simple use doc/enblend.1.

* Imho, unnecessary comments should be removed from debian/rules. This is
  especially true for unused debhelper scripts.

Cheers,
Sebastian

--
Sebastian "tokkee" Harl