Re: Prompt to install missing software?

I found the original code in GNOME just pops up a message, see
check_ntp_support in
http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/gnome-system-tools/src/time/time-tool.c?rev=1.17&view=markup

The following seems mildly related:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CommandNotFoundMagic

But I wasn't able to locate anything for the NTP thing at this stage.
Where's the right place to look for the source in this case?

Cheers
JP